Our annual event is currently being planned for February 2020, pending approval by the NSW Government. It will continue to have a focus on celebrating the unique Putt Putt, Wooden and Classic classes of vessels on Port Hacking.
Following Covid 19 protocals, we will not be be holding a presentation event in 2021 and the Skippers Briefing will be conducted online. This event route and schedule will also be modified slightly.
The draft schedule will be;
- Gather at the meeting point from 8:30am
- 2 hour ‘Parade of Vessels’ from 9am – 11
- Presentation and lunch (within own vessel) on the Sandbar
The following category prizes are being negotiated and will be announced shortly.
- Best Putter (Trophy) Fuel Voucher – Overall impression of how the vessel and crew are presented
- Best Dressed (Trophy) Fuel Voucher – Best themed crew in costume
- Commodore’s Call (Trophy) Dinner Voucher – thanks to RMYC Port Hacking – Presented to the crew embracing the fun spirit of the day
- Heritage Award (Trophy) Putter’s Pack – Southside Shipwright Services and AFLOAT Magazine – For a vessel that is lovingly cared for
- Shipshape Award Slipway Voucher Provided to a local Port Hacking vessel to assist with upkeep
- Pride of the Port (Trophy) – For the vessel and crew that embraces the fun and overall spirit of the day
- Commander’s Commendation – All vessels that Log ON/OFF using the MRNSW App during the regatta go into the draw to win this prize.
Note: The category awards are selected but each sponsor at their discretion according to the criteria stated above. Trophies are perpetual and remain at the respective sponsors business location for public exhibition.
In 2019 and 2020 we raised just over a $1K for the local volunteers at Marine Rescue Botany Port Hacking. We are in early discussion with the group on how we may be able to support them in 2020.
- Read about the previous event here>>
- Ride on the Tom Thumb III at the Regatta (TBC)
- 2020 news story here>>