Our annual event is set for Sunday February 2, 2020 and will continue to have a focus on celebrating the unique Putt Putt, Wooden and Classic classes of vessels on Port Hacking. ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN FOR 2020!
Following feedback from 2019, we will be holding a presentation event in 2020. This will allow us to celebrate the category winners for each division and will likely be held on the afternoon of the regatta at the RMYC Port Hacking.
The draft schedule will be;
- Gather at the meeting point from 8:30am
- 3 hour ‘Parade of Vessels’ from 9am – 12 noon (see course map below)
- Presentation event will be held between 4 and 6pm at the RMYC (entry via gold coin donation to MRNSW at the door)
The following category prizes will be awarded at the presentation;
- Best Putter (Trophy) $250 Fuel Voucher – supplied by Burraneer Bay Marina – Overall impression of how the vessel and crew are presented
- Best Dressed (Trophy) $100 Fuel Voucher – supplied by Burraneer Bay Marina – Best themed crew in costume
- Commodore’s Call (Trophy) $100 Dinner Voucher – thanks to RMYC Port Hacking – Presented to the crew embracing the fun spirit of the day
- Heritage Award (Trophy) Putter’s Pack – Southside Shipwright Services and AFLOAT Magazine – For a vessel that is lovingly cared for
- Shipshape Award $150 Slipway Voucher – Port Hacking Slipway – Provided to a local Port Hacking vessel to assist with upkeep
- Pride of the Port (Trophy) $150 Schiller Waterbike Experience – courtesy NGD Waterworks and Water Sports Central – For the vessel and crew that embraces the fun and overall spirit of the day
- Commander’s Commendation $299 Fiteboard or Seabob Experience – courtesy MRNSW and Water Sports Central – All vessels that Log ON/OFF using the MRNSW App during the regatta go into the draw to win this prize. You must be at the event presentation to claim the prize otherwise it will be redrawn.
Note: The category awards are selected but each sponsor at their discretion according to the criteria stated above. Trophies are perpetual and remain at the respective sponsors business location for public exhibition.
In 2019 we raised just over a $1K for the local volunteers at Marine Rescue Botany Port Hacking. We are in early discussion with the group on how we may be able to support them in 2020.
- Read about the previous event here>>
- Ride on the Tom Thumb III at the Regatta (TBC)
- 2020 news story here>>