Our annual event is approved for February 6th 2020. It will continue to have a focus on celebrating the unique Putt Putt, Wooden and Classic classes of vessels on Port Hacking.
Following Covid 19 protocals, we will not be be holding a presentation event in 2021 and the Skippers Briefing will be conducted online. This event route and schedule will also be modified slightly.
The draft schedule will be;
Gather at the meeting point from 8:30am
2 hour ‘Parade of Vessels’ from 9am – 11
Presentation and BYO lunch (within own vessel) on the Sandbar
The following prizes and category awards are confirmed for this year.
• All registered vessels will receive the annual Port Hacking Putters Regatta Calendar, a registration pack and go into the draw for some giveaway prizes thanks to Colortile Miranda and Cronulla Real Estate
• Best Putter (Trophy) Fuel Voucher – Overall impression of how the vessel and crew are presented – Courtesy Burraneer Bay Marina
• Best Dressed (Trophy) Fuel Voucher – Best themed crew in costume – Courtesy Burraneer Bay Marina
• Commodore’s Call (Trophy) RMYC Dinner Voucher – Presented to the crew embracing the fun spirit of the day
• Heritage Award (Trophy) For a lovingly cared for Putter – Covergirl Marine Trimming voucher and AFLOAT Magazine story
• Shipshape Award – Slipway Voucher provided to a local vessel to assist with upkeep – Supported by Port Hacking Slipway
• Pride of the Port (Trophy) – For the vessel and crew that embraces the fun and overall spirit of the day – Covergirl Marine Trimming voucher
• Commander’s Commendation – All vessels that Log ON/OFF using the free MRNSW App during the regatta go into the draw to win this award and Bianchini’s Voucher
Note: The category awards are selected but each sponsor at their discretion according to the criteria stated above. Trophies are perpetual and remain at the respective sponsors business location for public exhibition.
In 2019 and 2020 we raised just over a $1K for the local volunteers at Marine Rescue Botany Port Hacking. We are in early discussion with the group on how we may be able to support them in 2020.